Making the most of online bingo promotions – Retail Times
Bingo’s a game that has been enjoyed by players all over the world for almost a century now. In fact, it’s been a smash ever since a travelling toy salesman called Edwin Lowe saw the potential of a game called “beano” he found being played across the US in the 1930s.
It’s the sheer simplicity of bingo that makes it so very appealing to play. There are hardly any rules to learn, it’s just crossing off numbers on a card with the first people to do this winning the prizes. So it’s no big surprise that at the height of the game’s popularity in the UK in the 1960s around 14 million Britons played the game on a regular basis.
Now, many decades later, bingo is hugely popular again thanks to the meteoric rise of the online version of the game.
It’s impossible to say how many of us play it today. But it’s fairly safe to speculate that this is a number that is continuing to rise.
There are also countless bingo sites available now creating a high level of competition between them. One of the ways in which they try to overcome this is by offering a wide range of promotions.
Primarily designed to attract new customers, some are also aimed at retaining existing ones and building in loyalty to their brand.
Types of promotion
Here, we’ll be concentrating on promotions for new players of the game, and these generally take the form of a welcome bonus.
As the name suggests, these are designed to welcome in players to the site, make them feel at home and offer some extra value too.
In general, there are three main types of bonuses on offer:
- No deposit bonus. This is considered to be the gold standard when it comes to the welcome bonus. It effectively represents the offer of free stake money to play with i.e., to pay for bingo cards. These may be limited to certain types of bingo games offered by the particular site or it may simply take the form of money to be used however the new player wishes.
- Matched bonus. While there are examples of no deposit bonuses out there they are quite rare. You are far more likely to find a matched bonus. In this, the site will match your initial deposit by up to 100%. To give an example, if you make an initial payment of £30 the site will boost this to £60. There is always an upper limit to the amount that they will match so it’s a good idea to be aware of this maximum figure.
- Free spins. Almost all bingo sites also have a good selection of slots games to play as well as bingo. This means that they are able to offer a set number of free spins on these games to new players. It’s generally on a fairly limited selection of slots games and the stake level will also be fixed. Nevertheless, it’s a great opportunity to play these fun games for free.
Often, you will also find that a matched bonus offer will be combined with free spins to appeal to bingo and slots fans alike. So, let us take a look at a typical one of these, the costa bingo welcome offer, to see how it works.
The anatomy of a promotion
This offer is one that combines a matched deposit along with free spins as just mentioned. But the difference with this one is that an initial deposit isn’t simply matched by 100%, it is three times better than that.
So if you made an initial deposit of £30 this would be matched with an initial £90 for you to play with, making a total of £120.
In addition, new players also receive 30 free spins on the popular Fruit Blast slot, split into three groups of ten spins. And, unlike many site’s promotions that need a special offer code to activate them, this one has no code at all.
As you’d expect, all bonus offers come with certain terms and conditions attached and this one is no exception.
So, for example, there is a minimum deposit level of £10 and the maximum matched deposit bonus that is payable is £200.
There is also almost always a time limit imposed on claiming the bonus and free spins and in this case it’s seven days from signing up with the site. The free spins also have to be used within seven days of activating the offer.
The other condition it’s important to be aware of is the wagering requirement before any bonus winnings can be claimed. This is a multiple of your initial deposit that needs to be wagered before you can claim any of your winnings. With Costa Bingo this is a relatively modest 2x your deposit. On other sites it can be much higher.
Finding the best promotions
Before choosing which bingo site you’re going to play on it really will pay to shop around for the best bonuses. There are countless review sites out there where you can compare and contrast them.
But beware of offers that look too good to be true and make sure that you’re dealing with a properly licensed site. The UK Gambling Commission is the place to search to make sure that it’s legitimate.
Other than that, just look forward to playing your favourite games with someone else’s money for a change!
Bingo’s a game that has been enjoyed by players all over the world for almost a century now. In fact, it’s been a smash ever since a travelling toy salesman called Edwin Lowe saw the potential of a game called “beano” he found being played across the US in the 1930s. It’s the sheer simplicity…
- BAGS, BELTS & SHOES — A Note on Style
- Sony says collaboration with FromSoftware may transcend video games | Digital Developments
- 10 tips for creating an NFL betting strategy
- Banhoek Chilli Oil celebrates first national listing with Ocado – Retail Times
- Accolade Wines launched apprenticeship scheme to recruit next generation wine talent – Retail Times