Tesco to donate almost £100,000 to mark Pride – Retail Times
Tesco will donate almost £100,000 to three LGBTQ+ charities to celebrate this year’s Pride festival and support the LGBTQ+ community. The supermarket will also again be the headline sponsor for London and Brighton Pride.
£33,000 will be donated to the following charities:
• Switchboard – a helpline service offering support and information to the LGBTQ+ community and beyond.
• Terrence Higgins Trust – the UK’s leading HIV and sexual health charity.
• Fighting With Pride – supporting the health and wellbeing of LGBT+ Veterans, service personnel and their families – in particular those most impacted by the ban on LGBT+ personnel serving in the Armed Forces prior to January 2000.
The supermarket is a longstanding supporter of Pride and the LGBTQ+ community, and in the last three years has donated almost £600,000 tocharities supporting LGBTQ+ people – including Switchboard, Albert Kennedy Trust, Mermaids, Terrence Higgins Trust, Fighting With Pride and Bi Pride UK.
Andrew Yaxley, Booker CEO and executive sponsor of LGBTQ+ at Tesco, said: “We remain committed to celebrating the diversity of our colleagues and customers and making Tesco a place where everyone feels welcome. We’re proud to be helping three deserving charities who do so much to support LGBTQ+ people, and to be supporting the return of Pride events up and down the country this year. We can’t wait to be back together celebrating the LGBTQ+ community and helping the fantastic teams behind these events to make Pride 2022 the best one yet.”
Adam Jarvis, LGBTQ+ at Tesco network chair, said: “Leading the LGBTQ+ at Tesco network and the amazing team behind it is a real privilege for me, and I’m thrilled that Tesco is supporting Pride and these wonderful charities this year. I can’t wait to go to the parades and celebrate a really important part of who I am with my colleagues, while knowing that Tesco is making a difference to our LGBTQ+ communities. Love is love and we want everyone to be welcome at Tesco, to be able to thrive, and feel like we all belong.”
As a business, Tesco is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates the diversity of its colleagues and customers – working with its award-winning LGBTQ+ at Tesco network to support colleagues to be themselves.
Tesco is a member of the Stonewall Global Diversity Champions Programme and this year was ranked 23rd on the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index. It is also a member of the Open for Business coalition to support LGBTQ+ inclusion around the world.
Tesco will donate almost £100,000 to three LGBTQ+ charities to celebrate this year’s Pride festival and support the LGBTQ+ community. The supermarket will also again be the headline sponsor for London and Brighton Pride. £33,000 will be donated to the following charities: • Switchboard – a helpline service offering support and information to the LGBTQ+ community and…
- ESW and SEKO alliance brings local cost, time and compliance benefits for global DTC brands – Retail Times
- Lesley Beador Announces She’s Filing for Divorce from Husband David Beador; Says She Has ‘a Lot to Share One Day’ – The Real Housewives
- Hero Motocorp Launches the Xtreme 160R Stealth 2.0 Edition at Rs. 1.30 Lakh
- Apple Music gains Super Bowl LVII Playlist
- Filming for Season 15 of RHOA Stars Monday – Find Out Who’s Returning and Who is Joining the Cast! – The Real Housewives