USCIS Further Extends Deadline Flexibility in Submitting Delayed Responses to Requests for Evidence and Notices
US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has further extended its flexibility for delays in responding to certain agency requests through October 23, 2022 for applicants and petitioners who are required to respond to certain:
- Requests for Evidence (RFEs)
- Notices of Intent to Deny (NOIDs)
- Notices of Intent to Revoke (NOIR)
- Notices of Intent to Rescind and Notices of Intent to Terminate (NOIT) regional investment centers
- Continuations to Request Evidence (Form N-14)
- Motions to Reopen an N-400, Receipt of Derogatory Information After Grant
The agency has also revised policy for certain appeals, requests, and motions.
Additionally, extensions may be provided for Notice of Appeal or Motion (Form I-290B) and Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings (Form N-336), if applicants meet the following requirements:
- USCIS made a decision regarding the form between November 1, 2021, and October 23, 2022.
- There were 90 calendar days between the form being filed and the issuance of the decision.
USCIS is working towards making certain flexibilities permanent. Currently the reproduced signature flexibility, previously announced in March 2020, will be made permanent. The policy is expected to go into effect on July 25, 2022.
For help responding to USCIS notices, requests, or decisions, or for assistance with other immigration needs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to forward this alert to your contacts who may benefit.
By: Navdeep Meamber and Angelita Chavez summary US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has further extended its flexibility for delays in responding to certain agency requests through October 23, 2022 for applicants and petitioners who are required to respond to certain: Requests for Evidence (RFEs) Notices of Intent to Deny (NOIDs) Notices of Intent to Revoke (NOIR) Notices of Intent…
- Kyle Richards and Sutton Stracke Shut Down Some of the Rumors About Kathy Hilton From Aspen – The Real Housewives
- Ken Paxton retains working. Will his authorized points ever catch up?
- 6 airbags rule deferred to 1st October 2023
- VeChain set up for metaverse with ExoWorlds
- 3 Tips for Raising Emotionally Healthy Foster Children – You Must Get Healthy